Storage Units in Longmont | Wood Furniture in Self-Storage
If you’re looking for how to store your wood furniture in a self-storage unit, there are a few things you should keep in mind. Getting it done can be tricky, but with the right preparation and precautions, you'll be able to rest soundly knowing your furniture will be safe and secure.
1. Clean and inspect your furniture before storing it. Before you store your wood furniture in a self-storage unit, make sure to clean it thoroughly and inspect it for any signs of damage. This will help you identify any potential problems that could arise while in storage.
2. Wrap your furniture in plastic or blankets. To protect your furniture from dust and moisture, wrap it in plastic or blankets before placing it in the self-storage unit. This will also help to keep the furniture from getting scratched or damaged while in storage.
3. Place your furniture on pallets or wood blocks. To keep your furniture off the ground and away from moisture, place it on pallets or wood blocks. This will also help to prevent any damage that could occur if the furniture were to be placed directly on the floor.
4. Place a dehumidifier in the storage unit. To keep your furniture from becoming damaged due to moisture, place a dehumidifier in the self-storage unit. This will help to keep the air dry and prevent any mold or mildew from forming on your furniture.
5. Label your furniture for easy identification. To make it easier to find your furniture when you need it, label each piece with a description and the date it was stored. This will help you quickly identify which pieces are yours and make it easier to pull them from storage, even if they're wrapped in blankets.
AAA Storage is a drive-up facility in Longmont with availability for a wide range of sizes.