Storage Units in Longmont | Moving with a Pet
Just as any pet-owner will say, your pet is a member of the family. And when it comes time to move, you want to make sure that your furry friend is as comfortable and anxiety-free as possible. Here are a few tips for moving with a pet:
1. Make sure your pet is micro-chipped and wearing identification tags in case they get lost during the move.
2. Plan ahead - start getting your pet used to their new carrier or crate well before moving day.
3. Pack their food and water bowls, leashes, toys, and bedding separately so they have everything they need close by.
4. If possible, try to keep your pet with you during the move.
If that's not possible, make sure they're in a quiet room with familiar things around them.
Pets can sense when their owners are stressed, so it's important to try and stay calm during the moving process. Here are a few more tips to keep in mind:
• If you have a dog, take them on extra walks leading up to the move - this will help tire them out and reduce stress.
• Cats are notoriously stressed by change, so try to keep their routine as normal as possible.
• If your pet is on medication, make sure you have enough to last through the move.
Moving is stressful enough - but with a little planning, you can make sure your pet has a smooth transition to their new home. So whether you're moving across town or across the country, don't forget to include your furry friend in the plans!
Self-storage units are a great way to keep your belongings safe during the move. So if you're heading for the Longmont or Boulder areas in Colorado, consider AAA Storage. Contact us to find out more.