Storage Units in Longmont | Storing an RV During Winter
If you’re an RV owner, you know that winter can be a tough time for your vehicle. Cold temperatures, snow, and ice can all take a toll on your RV, so it’s important to take the necessary steps to store it properly during the winter months. Here are some helpful tips:
1. Clean and inspect your RV. Before you store your RV for the winter, it’s important to give it a thorough cleaning and inspection. This will help you identify any potential problems that could arise while it’s in storage. Make sure to check all the systems, including the brakes, tires, and electrical components.
2. Change the oil and filter. It’s important to change the oil and filter before you store your RV for the winter. This will help keep your engine in good condition and prevent any damage from occurring while it’s in storage.
3. Add a fuel stabilizer. Adding a fuel stabilizer to your RV’s fuel tank will help keep the fuel from breaking down and becoming unusable over the winter months.
4. Disconnect the battery. To prevent any damage to your RV’s electrical system, it’s important to disconnect the battery before you store it for the winter.
5. Cover your RV. Investing in a good quality cover for your RV will help protect it from the elements and keep it in good condition.
6. Store your RV in a safe place. Make sure to store your RV in a safe, dry place that is away from any potential hazards, such as trees or power lines.
AAA Storage in Longmont has RV parking, with new seasonal spots opening in the Spring! Call us for availability.