Storage Units in Longmont | Saving Money During a Move
Moving can be expensive, but with a little bit of creativity and resourcefulness, there are plenty of ways to cut costs and save money during the process. Here are a few of our favorites:
1. Get creative with packing materials. Instead of buying new boxes, see if you can find some used ones at a local grocery or liquor store. If you're friendly with anyone at the grocery store, ask them to save a few for you. You can also use garbage bags, luggage, and even old suitcases to pack up your belongings. Just make sure everything is secure and won't get damaged in transit.
2. Ship your smaller items ahead of time. If you have any small items that you won't need immediately, consider shipping them to your new address ahead of time. This will free up space in your car or moving truck, and it'll save you the hassle of having to move them later on.
3. Ask for help from friends and family: Enlist the help of your friends and family members to save on labor costs. They can help you pack, load, and unload your belongings, and they might even be able to lend you a truck or van for the day. Just make sure to return the favor once they need it!
4. Find free or discounted moving supplies. There are plenty of ways to get your hands on free or discounted moving supplies. Check Craigslist, Freecycle, Facebook groups, and local bulletin boards for people who are giving away boxes, furniture, and other items that you might need for your move.
5. If you do use a moving company, be sure to shop around. Agreeing to the first rate you see online is a great way to waste money on your move. There will likely be something better out there.
An expensive move is probably inevitable, but it doesn't have to be that expensive. With a little bit of creativity and resourcefulness, there are plenty of ways to save money during a move. So don't break the bank next time you're changing locations - use these tips and tricks to keep your wallet happy!