Storage Units in Longmont | Camera Storage
Cameras are valuable pieces of equipment, and it's important to take the necessary precautions to keep them safe. Here are a few tips for camera storage:
1. Store your camera in a cool, dry place. Heat and humidity can damage your camera.
2. Keep your camera away from dust and dirt. Dust can get inside the lens and affect image quality.
3. Don't store your camera in direct sunlight or near a heat source. The sun can cause the plastic on the camera to warp, and heat can damage electronic components.
4. Use a padded case or bag to protect your camera when you're not using it.
5. If you're going to be storing your camera for an extended period of time, consider removing the batteries. Batteries can leak and damage your camera.
When it comes to printed photos, it's important to take steps to ensure they don't fade over time. Here are a few tips for storing printed photos:
- Store your photos in a cool, dry place. Heat and humidity can cause photos to fade.
- Keep your photos away from direct sunlight. The sun can cause colors to fade.
- Use archival-quality photo albums or storage boxes. These are made from materials that won't damage your photos.
- Consider scanning your photos and storing them digitally. This way, you'll always have a backup in case your physical copies are damaged.
By following these tips, you can help keep your camera and photos safe in storage.
AAA Storage is a self-storage facility located on 3rd and Hover in Longmont. We're the second storage facility on the left if you're coming from Hover. We offer self-storage units from 5x5 to 10x40. If you're new to self-storage, feel free to give us a call at 303-776-3629 and we'd be happy to offer advice.